Apple and Mixed Greens Salad
This is currently my favorite summer salad - the combination of flavors and textures is a trip for the taste buds because of the shredded apple! I created my own version of this salad after seeing apple shredded into a salad at a local restaurant - what a perfect way to incorporate the tart, juicy apple into the greens without have to do all that dicing!
- Mix greens, bell pepper and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, vinegar and toss until coated.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss again.
- Add in shredded apple, cranberries and cheese, tossing as you go. Mixing the ingredients thoroughly is key, more flavors in each bite!
- Sprinkle with candied walnuts just before serving to keep their crunch!
*I recently learned, sadly, that Parmesan cheese is not technically vegetarian. Sorry if this is news to you, but I try to stay honest with my recipe tags, and this recipe is only vegetarian if you use another (vegetarian) type of cheese.