Baked Stuffed Squash Blossoms
I had read about stuffing squash blossoms from the farmer's market, so when I came across some at the produce stand in Santa Ynez the other day, I couldn't WAIT to try it! But most recipes I came across involved frying them, so I decided to make my own recipe for baking them, and they were DELICIOUS!
Serve over greens or salad for a delicious meal, or serve alone as finger-friendly, healthy appetizers or snacks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil pan or baking sheet.
- Mix herbs, cheese, shallot and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Scoop cheese mixture into squash blossoms (1/2 to 1 tbs each) . Arrange on pan or baking sheet. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Arrange on salad or mixed greens. Serve while warm.