Beet Greens with Mustard
This is such a light, simple and delicious dish; just perfect for spring and summer. But don't wait long - the mustard is in bloom here in California (all the little yellow flowers covering the hills in Santa Barbara are mustard!), so go for a hike and pick a little straight away!
- Fill the saucepan 3/4 full of water and bring to a boil.
- Put beet greens in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, carefully remove with a slotted spoon into salad spinner basket to drain a bit before spinning.
- Spin greens until most of water comes off. (If you don't have a salad spinner, put in a colander and gently toss, then pat dry.)
- Toss into a bowl with olive oil, salt to taste, and top with mustard flowers.
- Enjoy the simple beauty before devouring!