I've been sampling some of the recipes from the detox menu on Gwyneth Paltrow's site. This soup is light, but filling and so delicious! I'm looking forward to more refreshing recipes now that summer seems to have arrived to stay.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for just a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli and cook for four minutes or until bright green.
- Add the water, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Cook for eight minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree with the arugula until quite smooth. Be very careful not to overflow, you may have to blend in two batches.
- Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lime juice squeezed on top.