Cornmeal Crusted Rockfish
Girlbert gets a hankering for fried fish once in a while, and this satisfies without being too bad for you. The tartar sauce or chipotle mayonaise I use on the side may be pushing the limits a bit..
- Whisk egg in a shallow bowl.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper together in another shallow bowl.
- Wash fish fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Put 2 tbs. olive oil in pan right before fish.
- Thoroughly coat fish fillets (one at a time) with egg, then bread on both sides with cornmeal mixture.
- Fry fish fillets until golden brown, approximately 2 minutes on each side.