Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This soup tastes like an indulgence, but is actually quite healthy. You'll swear it has cream in it, but it is deliciously dairy-free. Boyfriend and I ate the whole batch for dinner the other night, but I think if you were using as an appetizer before a meal, you could serve up to 6 people.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and salt, cover, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally until onions are very soft - about 5 - 8 minutes.
2. Add garlic and wine. Cook, stirring, until liquid is almost completely evaporated, 3 - 5 minutes.
3. Stir in cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until cauliflower is very soft, 20 - 25 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining tablespoon of oil, chives and parsley to infused oil while soup cooks.
5. In 3 batches, puree soup in a blender until very smooth, 2 - 3 minutes each batches.
6. Stir together and season to taste with pepper and salt.
7. Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle olive oil on top.