Mushroom & Green Onion Frittata
This simple recipe is tasty and hearty, an appropriate meal as we head into the cooler months of fall and winter. Boyfriend and I made it for dinner this evening in under an hour and plan to have the leftover portion for breakfast in the morning with one of our fabulous fruit and green smoothies! This recipe can easily be made dairy-free with milk and cheese alternatives - we used almond milk and soy cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms, cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown.
- Add a bit more oil and garlic, cook until garlic becomes fragrant, stirring into the mushrooms. Remove from heat - set aside in a bowl.
- Layer the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish or oven-safe skillet. Evenly layer the other ingredients: mushroom and garlic mixture, then cheese, then green onions. Add a little salt and pepper in each layer (or as desired).
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk and eggs until fluffy. Mix oregano and sage into mixture at the end.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet over the other ingredients.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until eggs are no longer runny and top is lightly browned.