Pumpkin Orange Mascarpone Pie
This decadent twist on traditional pumpkin pie is quite possibly my favorite holiday indulgence.
I have been making this pie for holidays for about 5 years now, and its been an absolute smash with my family. Since I've moved to California, I've brought it to friends' holiday dinners, and it's received rave reviews there, too. Loaded with yumminess, it is certainly packed with calories, but it will make you smile, so it's a recipe for a a smiley, happy experience! It's the holidays, people - everything in moderation. Taste the happieness!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In the pie plate, stir together gingersnap crumbs with melted butter and press into pie crust with a spoon. Bake until set, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Increase oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and 2/3 cup sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each egg. Add pumpkin, orange liqueur, citrus zests, spices, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour filling into crust and bake until edgees are firm but center still jiggles a bit, about 45-50 minutes. Bake any extra filling in ramekins or a muffin tins.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill at least 6 hours, and up to overnight.