Since moving to mostly raw foods, I've been missing this Mediteranean treat something FIERCE, so I was thrilled to find this delicious, raw version (adapted to my tastes, of course!) on the Crazy Sexy Cancer website.
We've also shared this with some friends who gave it a serious thumbs up, so call that a win for raw foods!
- Whiz the almonds in the food processor until they're finely ground.
- Add the water and make it a pretty smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (and more water if you like, hummus may thicken up).
- Blend until smooth and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Spoon into a serving bowl, sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley to garnish. Serve with your favorite raw crackers and veggies. Enjoy!