Sesame-Peanut Tofu Salad
This recipe is deliciously healthy and vegetarian, and I LOVE tricking my (non-vegetarian) friends into eating tofu with it.
1. Toast sesame seeds. Place them in a dry sauté pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
2. Fry tofu in large, non-stick frying pan using 1/4 cup of olive or sesame oil until browned and crispy, or depending on your preference. 10 - 20 minutes, depending on your heat setting and type of oil. Olive oil will brown faster. Set aside in a large bowl.
3. Blanch the asparagus in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain.
4. Cut the peppers into strips about the size of the asparagus pieces.
5. Combine the vegetables in the large bowl with the tofu.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and pur over the tofu and vegetables.
7. Add the scallions and sesame seeds and season to taste. Serve cold or at room temperature.
You can make all parts ahead, but mix dressing in just prior to serving for freshest taste.