Spicy Radish and Chickpea Salad
Boyfriend and I have been working on this one for a while - he likes to spice lots of foods this way, and I like making use of all the parts of of a veggie in my recipes. Here we use the radishes and the tops together for a variety of textures and flavors. Chickpeas add umami, as well as protein and further texture to this vegetarian dish. The dollop of creamy yogurt tones down the spiciness a little while adding another layer of flavor, texture, and a multitude of other health benefits. Turmeric offers tons cancer-fighting properties and lots of anti-oxidants, and spicy foods are full of antioxidants, too.
Enjoy the healthy, ethnic spicy-liciousness!
- Mix turmeric, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne together with a fork in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add chickpeas, moving them around to coat with oil. Spoon spice mixture over beans, coating as evenly as possible.
- Mix in radishes and white parts of green onions, coating with remaining spice mixture.
- When the radishes and onions begin to soften, add greens, mixing together until greens are tender. Salt to taste, do not overcook.
- Scoop portions into four serving bowls, and top with tablespoon of yogurt. Sprinkle with green onions and paprika.